We have worked with a number of customers who have left Yell / Hibu. Although they do try to put up a bit of a fight to hold on to you, moving your domain name away from Yell is fairly straight forward.
There are two ways to approach the issue depending on how quickly you would like to move away. The first is an immediate cancellation and move. What will happen is that Yell will cancel your web site with them and move the domain to another provider but this of course means that you may be without a web site.
The second option, which we suggest, is that you have a new web site built and then cancel everything with them and have your domain name moved over to us or your new provider. Either way, the process is fairly simple. All you will need to do is:
- If you decide to have a new web site set up, do this first
- Have your Yell account number ready and call them on 0800 7834160
- Tell them that you would like to transfer your domain name
- They will send a form to the e-mail address that they have on account for you
- Get in touch with us (or your chosen provider) and send them form over. We will complete the form and send it back to you
- You sign the form and send it back to Yell
They will now release the domain name over the next few days. We will keep an eye on things and let you know when it has arrived our end and point it to your new web site.