Search Engine Optimisation
We offer a full range of search engine optimisation (SEO) services to local businesses in Great Yarmouth and across the country.
One mistake that is quite common when people first have a web site is that it does not bring in any customers. This is because without some SEO work, it will be very unlikely that your site will appear high in the search engine results and therefore nobody will be able to find you. It's important to be on the first page of the Google results page and ideally within the top three positions for your chosen keywords.
We can help with:
- Initial SEO set up when your new site is launched
- Create a full audit to see which areas your web site needs work on
- Perform a one-off 'repair and boost' to fix major issues with your web site such as making it mobile friendly
- Perform regular work on your site to get it ranking high in the Google results pages
We have worked on many SEO projects in the past ranging from small businesses that want to be found in their local area to nationwide businesses that are selling products online.
The difficult bit is that each web site, each business and each situation is different. If you are a plumber, living in a small town and you are the only plumber in your area, getting your site to the top of search results will be very quick and easy. If you are in a big city with lots of competitors, there will be more work involved. Either way, we will work with you to find the most cost effective and best way to bring more customers to your web site.
We often combine our SEO packages with Adwords, to give your business an instant 'hit' of enquiries. This is because changes to your web site can take time for Google and the other search engines to recognise. SEO is a longer term strategy which will bring longer running and cheaper benefits but Adwords provides an almost instant way to reach the top of the search results.
A few things to consider
Before embarking on asking someone to do your SEO for you, here are a few things that we think you should take into account:
- Commit to at least three months. Changes to a site and moving up the rankings takes time - it is no longer a case that you can make a change to your site and see the site jump up the rankings within 24 hours. Committing to three months allows you to relax and see some real benefits
- Decide on what you would be happy to spend each month. Each site and business is different but by having an idea of what you're happy to spend and sticking to that for three months
- Talk to us. We will ask you what your business offers, what customers your are trying to target or services that you are want to prioritise, the towns / cities you want to target and from that we will be able to provide you with an action plan and recommended monthly spend
- Do not be tempted to work with a company that offers 'packages'. By this we mean companies that say they will do a, b and c for £100 a month but will only do x, y and z for £200 a month. For example, some companies will do SEO work on your site in their first package but they won't add links to your site on other sites unless you choose their more expensive package. SEO doesn't work like that. To be successful, there are a hundred little bits, tweaks and changes to make it work. By limiting which jobs they will do unless you pay for the 'ultimate' package, you will be wasting your money
- Once you sign up, ask for a regular report of the work that they have carried out. So many customers have come to us after working with another company, spending hundreds of pounds and not seeing any results - it is infuriating. Make sure the company are working on your site on a regular basis, letting you know what they've done, why they've done it and what impact it is having on your site's rankings.
How we work
The first step is to take a look at your web site and see why things are not working. Sometimes minor changes can have a large and fairly quick impact, moving your site up the rankings. Other times, more work is required over a longer period of time. We work with you to work out which products / services you want to promote, which areas your operate in (local, county wide or across the country) and put together a plan based on this.
Once you have finalised the plan, we will start work and start making changes for you. We then monitor the site's rankings in the search engines for each keyword that we are working on, monitor the number of visitors to your site using Google Analytics and then give you regular updates to make sure that the extra visitors to your web site is resulting in more customers contacting you and generating more sales.
If you would like some help with your site and boosting its rankings in the search engines, please get in touch. We're always happy to discuss your options. Just call us on 01493 249293 or e-mail us through our contact page.